Rev. Eric E. Maggio graduated from Baylor University in 2000 and received his Masters of Divinity Degree from George W. Truett Theological Seminary in 2003. He has served on the staff of several churches in Texas, Virginia, and California, and has served as a supply preacher cross-denominationally.
Pastor Eric has planted four churches, three through the North American Mission Board including most notably “Church at the Beach IB” which is celebrating 10 years as a church and was at one time the largest and fastest growing Baptist church in the City of Imperial Beach. It was even featured on the front page of the 2013 May edition of Christian Examiner. His sermons are online, and are presently being downloaded and listened to on several continents around the globe.
During his ministry he has served as a Senior Pastor, a youth pastor, a children’s pastor, a worship leader and a church planter in mega churches and smaller churches in both rural and urban settings.
Pastor Eric holds a 5th degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do Karate, was inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 2016. In 1996 he founded the Christian Martial Arts System: a ministry which has held Christ-centered martial arts training in public and private schools, a university, and a number of churches in several US states.
- 2008 – present
- Senior Pastor/Church Planter, through the North American Mission Board, and their San Diego Church Planting Initiative: Vision San Diego. This church was at one time the largest SBC Church in Imperial Beach and is now serving as church planting hub providing a model for forthcoming church plants.
- 2011 – 2014
- I served as the Head Pastor of a historic church in Santee. In addition to preaching, counseling and presiding over church business meetings, I performed numerous weddings, funerals, baptisms, hospital visitations, as well as leading the church in a major sanctuary renovation. While I was there we saw an increase in membership, as well as an increase in attendance, involvement, outreaches, and baptisms.
- 2004 – 2008
- I served as the Preacher of the outreach service “Breakpoint” and as Youth Pastor, where we saw our youth group increase from two to over sixty in only three months.
- 2001 – 2003
- I started a Afternoon Service called “The Wake Up Call”. I also served as Youth Pastor where I saw a dramatic increase in youth attendance. This was the church where I received my Ordination.
- 2000 – 2002
- This was my first church serving as paid ministerial staff. After a year of serving asYouth Pastor I was asked to serve as interim Senior Pastor while they were looking for a new pastor. I became Licensed in the Ministry at this church.